The worldwide spread of COVID-19 (commonly known as coronavirus) has had a major impact on our business and economy.
In light of the recent events, COYA Restaurants has issued an operational policy statement setting out their response to the on-going situation of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The policy has been developed by a team of hospitality professionals in line with advice and guidance from Public Health England, it sets what steps the company has taken with a view to minimise the risk to our Restaurant Staff, Customers, Visitors and Contractors, who may plan to attend any of operational company premises in the near future.
The policy is focused on enhanced cleaning practices, social interactions and workplace protocols across the business worldwide, while ensuring the Customer and Employee experience is enjoyable and in the safest environment.
COYA is looking forward to welcoming our loyal customers through our doors again soon!
1) Preventative measures for the spread of COVID-19:
· We ask that any customers or staff exhibiting any symptoms associated with Covid-19 not attend the Company premises until the recommended self-isolation time has passed and all symptoms have gone.
· Should a customer develop symptoms after arranging a booking with the restaurant, please contact our reservations as soon as possible to re-arrange another date for the booking.
· If the Company has been informed of any employee who are exhibiting symptoms associated with Covid-19, we will require the individual to stay at home for the recommended self-isolation period before returning to work.
· We are reducing the number of customers and staff limit the number of people in the restaurant at any one time to help us practise social distancing as per the government guidelines.
· If advised that a member of staff or public has developed Covid-19 and were recently on our premises (including where a member of staff has visited other work place premises such as domestic premises), the management team of the workplace will contact the Public Health Authority to discuss the case, identify people who have been in contact.
· Guests that have booked a table prior to COVID-19 and guests who are now looking to book a table through on-line platforms will need to auto-certificate that they are aware of the disclaimer provided by COYA in Sevenrooms (via email). If and in case of any missing information regarding COVID-19 that has not been provided, COYA will take the rights to refuse the booking in order to ensure the safety of the work environment for all persons on the company premises.
3) Staff Training:
· COYA has provided mandatory on-line COVID-19 training with a certificate for all staff (FOH, BOH & ADMIN).
· In-house awareness training and questionnaire has been administered to all operational employees prior to returning to work.
· On-site training has been provided to all staff on how to wear the protective items. Signage will be visible across the sites with a specific description about how to use the PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
· First aiders will be trained and aware of specific issues relating to the virus and extra PPE to be always available.
· All staff will be informed of any updated information and be trained in line with the government’s guidelines.
4) Protective Equipment:
· When visiting COYA Restaurants, our employees will be working on the floor wearing PPE for delivery and service.
· Face masks to be provided by COYA to their operating team.
· Hand sanitiser will be provided on each of our restaurant areas for staff and customers to use and at the front door to use upon entry and exit of the restaurant.
· Hand washing facilities with antibacterial soap and disposable paper towels will be provided at all times.
5) On-site Procedure:
· You will need to keep all your personal belongings with you so please bring a bag to put your coat or jacket and any other personal items away.
· Communication with front door security and reception to keep close check about social distance and number of guests in the venue.
· Coordinate any possible queue on front the door keeping social distance making it with 1 metre plus apart.
· Line Managers will maintain regular contact with staff members during this time.
· Checking temperature to staff and customers at entrance of shift or arrival in the venue.
· Set up the table plan for the restaurant following the direction provided by the government in regards of the COVID-19 and distance measures.
· Frequently cleaning and disinfecting objects and surfaces that are touched regularly particularly in areas of high use such as door handles, light switches, reception area using appropriate cleaning products and methods.
These are both challenging and extraordinary times for all hospitality businesses. The Company has taken few temporary measures so ensure that all staff and customers feel safe when coming to COYA.
We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.